Sunday 6 January 2013

My 2012 Beauty Favourites

Over the past year I have become more and more beauty and fashion obsessed and have managed to amass quite a large collection of beauty products. So I thought I'd show you a small selection which I really enjoyed using throughout 2012.

Benefits Hoola Bronzer♡
I absolutely love this bronzer, it gives you a really nice tanned look without looking like one of Willy Wonka's Oompa Loompa's. It's easy to apply and has a mini mirror and brush to use for on-the-go application. Although it's expensive at £23.50 it's completely worth it as I have been using it for around 8 months now and I've only recently reached the bottom.

Sarah McNamara Miracle Skin Transformer♡
This is what's called a 'tinted skin enhancer' it is quite possibly one of the best beauty products ever known to man kind. It comes out as a thick liquid formula and as you apply it to your face it sets as a powder and gives your skin a 'smooth, airbrushed and luminous finish'. A little goes a long way so you only need what they describe as a 'pearl sized' amount for your whole face however you can apply more to build coverage and customise your own look. I am completely in love with this product because it just leaves my skin looking absolutely flawless and I recommend all you lovely ladies out there to go and purchase it.

Benefits High Beam♡
I've used this product for a very long time and it was one of the very first beauty products I ever used. Its pearly pink colour gives you a really fresh, radiant look leaving your skin looking dewy and moisturised without seeming like you've just been dunked into a bowl of glitter. Like all Benefit products it too does come at quite a price however it also lasts a very long time as you only need to apply the smallest amount.

Stila Concealer Brush 33b♡
This brush is an absolute god send. When ever I have a horrible blemish, in need of a little coverage, I know I can count on my stila concealer brush teamed with my nifty no7 concealer. It has really soft bristles making sure it's not too harsh on the skin during application and it also is the perfect size, allowing you to cover the targeted area of skin easily.

Collection Skyscraper Mascara♡
After seeing many positive reviews on this mascara I decided that I had to try it especially due to its amazingly cheap price tag. As I'm a girl who prefers plastic applicators it was an instant thumbs up. It left my eyelashes looking really defined and voluminous. I hate seeing girls with really clumpy looking eyelashes so trying to get each and every single little lash looking defined is an absolute must for me. And I must say this mascara certainly does the job.

Nina Ricci Nina L'Elixir Eau De Parfum♡
I only got this perfume in December for my birthday. But when I went on holiday, during my summer holidays, I sprayed this perfume on myself, whilst I was looking around the duty free fragrance department at Gatwick Airport, and I absolutely loved the smell of it. I am completely useless at describing a scent so I'll just say it smells wonderfully sweet and glorious. And if you like to smell like that then you must buy it, haha.

This Christmas I got Benefits Brow Zings which is something I've wanted for a very long time. As I only got it Christmas Day I didn't necessarily want to put into my 2012 favourites but I definitely wanted to mention it, as like most benefit products, it certainly didn't disappoint. I love how sleek and compact the packaging is and I love the fact that it literally has everything a girl could ever need to shape her eyebrows. For those of you who don't know it contains: a wax, a setting powder, mini tweezers, a hard angle brush and a blending brush which all help you achieve a perfect look for your eyebrows. I used to use an eyebrow pencil and I now wonder how anyone could possibly let me leave the house looking like that as my eyebrows appeared to get bigger and a lot darker by the minute (thank god I have now seen sense). But I've certainly learnt my lesson now, haha!

Before I go I just wanted to quickly apologise for the layout of my blog posts at the moment as I am using my iPad to type them as its just a bit quicker and easier and I am yet to work out how you can format the post. Technology these days, aye haha!

What's your 2012 beauty favourites? Have you used Benefits Brow Zings? Do you prefer it to using an eyebrow pencil? Let me know!

Amy
x





No comments:

Post a Comment