Friday 4 October 2013

NOTD: Stud Effect Nails


 From left to right: Leighton Denny Crystal Finish Top Coat, O.P.I Matte Nail Envy, Essie Nail Varnish in Hot Coco and Leighton Denny Nail Varnish in Metallic Mink.

I am by no means a professional nail artist, don't get me wrong I love looking after my nails and making sure they are in pristine, condition but when it comes down to nail art I am a complete and utter amateur. I've always wanted to recreate the 'cute floral nail art tutorials' plastered all over the internet but I neither have the patience nor the equipment to make them look good enough, they all just seem to turn into a squiggly, smudgy mess - not good. I've seen this stud effect nail look quite a lot on things like Instagram and I thought whilst I had a little bit of spare time I would try it out and I'm pretty proud of the outcome, even if I do say so myself. It's such an easy and effortless effect but gives a little extra detail to a classic nude nail.

First off I took my O.P.I Matte Nail Envy and slid this onto my nails as a base coat. This is my hero nail product its a strengthener, base coat and matte top coat all in one, words cant even begin to describe how much I love this product and how much it has changed the appearance of my nails. Then I began to apply two coats of my Essie Nail Varnish in Hot Coco and leave them to dry for around 5 minutes. I haven't used this shade much but I think the colour looks so nice now that we're entering Autumn and the name just makes me feel all warm and cosy.

Next is the hard part, trying to create perfect little dots all of around the same size. Practice does make perfect and I did have to start a couple of my nails over again because I managed to get a whacking great big blob of glittery nail varnish over my perfectly varnished nude nails. So I got my Leighton Denny Nail Varnish in Metallic Mink and wiped any excess nail varnish on the rim of the bottle. (Remember: you can add to your little dots so the less nail varnish on the brush the better) Then using the corner of the brush I dab a little glittery dot a third of the way up my nail and repeat this for each nail. Again, leave this to dry for around five minutes and apply a top coat, I used my Leighton Denny Crystal Finish Top Coat, and hey presto, you're done.

Are you any good at Nail Art? Have you managed to 
recreate this look?
Have a lovely weekend!

Amy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment