Wednesday 5 September 2012

Believe In Yourself

So today I went back to school and I am now in year 10, scary stuff. I was a little nervous because I knew that today would be the day that I got my Business Communication Systems (BCS) GCSE result. For those of you who don't know what BCS is, it's basically anyone else's equivalent to using programmes like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access but it is also intertwined with Business Studies (where you learn all about the business world).

In year 9 I was put into top set (out of 4 sets), which meant I would be taking my BCS GCSE 2 years early. It was a bit hit and miss at the start of the year whether I would actually go through with it as the teachers weren't sure if I was ready. But they all had faith in me and pushed me to work hard and achieve the best grade that I could.

Early on this year I started part 1 out of 3 in my GCSE with a controlled assessment, I found this fairly easy as we had to design a small pop up shop business. I love designing things and ideas just flow into my head, so I found this quite simple and I was happy with how it turned out.

Around May time I had to do part 2 in my GCSE, the practical assessment. This meant that I would be given a scenario then would be completing tasks on all the Microsoft applications. I was really nervous as this was the first part where I would be put into proper exam format/conditions. It started to dawn on me that this was serious and even though I was doing it 2 years early and could re-take it, I really wanted to do the best that I could.

Then in June I had to sit the final part of my exam, the theory assessment. This was about all things business, and this was the one I'd been dreading the most, but again I persevered, did the best I could and just hoped that all my revising had paid off.

But anyway like I said I received my results today and.....*drum roll*......I PASSED!
I got an A* in my Controlled Assessment, B in my Practical Assessment and another A* in my theory. This meant that overall I got an A! I was so proud of myself, and it made me realise I should definitely believe in myself no matter what situation I'm in. I'd gone from maybe not even doing the exam at all to passing with an A!




Sorry if this post was a little boring but it's just massive achievement in my life and I wanted to share it with you all. There's certainly a moral behind this and it's that: 'You Should Always Believe In Yourself'.
Original picture taken from http://pinterest.com/pin/202943526928686673/
but is edited by me.
Again sorry for not doing something fashion or beauty related I promise my next post will be back to what I normally do. If you have any questions or maybe have been through something similar to me (like doing a GCSE early) then please comment below and let me know. If you like these sort of lifestyle posts again let me know and maybe I'll do the occasional one or two a month.

Speak to you soon
Amy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment